Fluffy cloud bread has been a growing sensation over on TikTok since its first video recipe made it into the platform (and rightfully so). If you look under the #cloudbread hashtag, you'll be bombarded with some of the most ethereal loaves of bread your eyes have ever seen.
Cloud cake is an egg-based bun that is largely similar to cloud bread, with a core so airy and fluffy that it basically feels like a cloud just entered your mouth (thus the moniker). Cloud cake differs from cloud bread in that it's meant to be far sweeter.
IngredientsThis recipe is highly versatile. You can add sprinkles, almonds, hazelnut, dried fruits, or any other topping of your liking. However, to make a delicious fluffy cloud cake, these are the essential ingredients you'll need:
- 3 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon of white vinegar
- 20g of sugar
- A topping of preference (almond flakes, hazelnut, or similar).
- Food coloring (optional).
- Sugar at will for dusting (can be replaced with powdered sugar).
- An electric mixer
- A rubber or silicone spatula
- A mixing bowl
- A baking sheet
- A piece of parchment paper
- For the best Fluffy Cloud Cake, use the Retro Air Fryer Toaster Oven for baking.
- Preheat the Air Fryer Toaster Oven to 160°F. Remember to set it to "bake".
- Pour the egg whites, white vinegar, and sugar into the mixing bowl and whisk with the electric mixer for around 5 minutes until these ingredients mingle to form a white, homogeneous cloud. Don't over whip. You could also add a couple of drops of food coloring if you so prefer.
- Prepare the baking sheet by covering the top with a piece of parchment paper.
- Transfer the meringue from the mixing bowl onto the baking sheet.
- Use the spatula to carefully shape the meringue into a round loaf.
- Add the topping of your choice.
- Stow the baking sheet into the preheated Comfee air fryer oven for 20 minutes. The dough ought to rise and the surface should turn brown.
- Dust with granulated or powdered sugar.