My puff pastry Christmas tree is gluten free, dairy free and can be made vegan without the egg wash! It’s super easy to make, requires just 3 ingredients and would make the perfect Christmas breakfast for the whole family!
- 2 sheets Jus Rol Gluten Free Puff Pastry
- 3 tablespoons Nature's Store Dairy Free Chocolate Spread
- 1 egg (For an egg wash, use dairy-free milk to make this vegan)
- Icing sugar (To dust, optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with baking paper. Unroll 1 sheet of pastry and place on the baking paper.
- Spread the chocolate spread to cover the the entire puff pastry sheet. Unroll the other pastry sheet and place on top of the first sheet.
- Cut the pastry into the shape of a Christmas tree (a triangle shape with a rectangular base – see recipe photo). Use the excess pastry to cut 4 star shapes.
- Cut branches into both sides of the Christmas tree (around 2cm apart).
- Once you have cut out the branches gently twist each branch (giving 2 twists per branch). Place the stars down the middle of the tree and brush the pastry with beaten egg.
- Bake in the oven for around 15-18 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through. Dust with icing sugar and enjoy!
*For a video tutorial of making Chocolate Puff Pastry Christmas Tree click here.
Article reposted with permission from https://glutenfreealice.com/