From Valentine's Day to Thanksgiving and every special day in between, you can never go wrong with this amazingly grand apple tart that tastes as good as it looks. You can pour heavy cream or serve it with vanilla ice cream for a real crowd-pleaser!
- 3 red apples
- 1 box puff pastry
- 1 juiced lemon
- 1/4 cup of melted butter
- 3 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons of caramel sauce
- 1 tablespoon of flour
- 1 tablespoon of powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- Toaster Oven
- Small mixing bowl
- Paring knife
- Pastry brush
- Sifter to sprinkle powdered sugar
- Cut the apple into quarters and slice each quarter into very thin pieces as you remove its core. Next, thaw your puff pastry and cut each sheet into six strips on a clean, dry surface. This will make a total of twelve strips of puff pastries where your thin apple slices will be placed.
- In an overlapping manner, lay the thin-sliced apples on the top third of each strip of puff pastry. Make sure that the red skin of the apples is facing outwards. Then in a small mixing bowl, combine flour, juiced lemon melted butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon into a paste and brush a thin layer of the mixture onto the puff pastry.
- After brushing the butter mixture, fold the bottom half of the pastry with at least 1/2 inch of apples still peaking out. As you fold it up over the filling, make sure that their colorful red skins can still be seen from the top.
- Gently roll the puff pastry to form a cinnamon roll-like shape. Place each tart into the toaster oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the pastry is baked to golden brown perfection. Remove the tarts from the toaster oven and let them cool for another 10 minutes.
- Finally, drizzle the baked tarts with your favorite caramel sauce and sprinkle them with powdered sugar for a visually beautiful dessert that is sure to make your tastebuds happy!