Humans need water to live; like air, sufficient water is essential to your health. However, it’s very common for people to not drink enough water on a daily basis. It is recommended that men drink 15 cups of water per day and women should aim for 11 cups per day. That can seem like a lot at first, but once you get into the habit of drinking water, you can hit these targets without a problem.
Benefits of Drinking More Water
If you are dehydrated, your overall health will suffer. Drinking enough water will make your skin glow, help with digestion, and much more. Some of the most significant benefits of drinking water are:
- Enhancing physical performance during workouts
- Boosting your energy
- Helping your brain function better
- Treats and reduces headaches
- Easier digestion
How to Start a Drinking Water Habit
If you want to up your water intake, there are many tricks you can try. What works for you might not work for everyone, so play around with some of the recommendations below:
- Chug water when immediately after waking up before your brain even realizes what is happening.
- Flavor your water with fruits or natural flavoring to make it more of a treat.
- Set reminders on your phone – sometimes we just forget!
- Get a water filter to ensure that your water tastes amazing.
- Opt for sparkling water instead of soft drinks; you’d be shocked at how much this boosts the frequency that you drink water.
- Eat water-rich foods! Think of veggies like zucchini and cucumber – those ones that drip water when you cook them. Watermelon is a great option for those with a sweet tooth.
Make Nutrition Cool Again with Comfee
Comfee has a line of kitchen appliances and products, like the above water filter, that make nutrition accessible and fun! If a new kitchen appliance like this electric skillet will make you want to eat more zucchini, then it’s worth the investment. Our water dispensers serve as a great physical reminder to drink your water while still looking sleek and not taking up too much space. When you’re trying to start a new habit, making it fun is the best way to get it to stick, and a drinking water habit is no different.