The okra vegetable is highly nutritious and delectable. These fried okra patties will be more delicious and sumptuous for you to indulge in. Plus, you get to love it more because it is low in calories, fats, and cholesterol. You will get to enjoy the vegetable more and take its nutritive benefits for your body’s needs. Its ingredients are also nutritious and you should not fret about getting fat or getting a heart attack. Moreover, it will be healthier if you use an air fryer for this dish. Without using too much oil, this dish will be of the highest quality for your body’s vitamins and minerals needs.
How to make okra petties?
- 1 cup of vegetable oil for cooking it into an air fryer (this is less than the needed 3 cups for ordinary pan-frying execution)
- 1 pound finely chopped okra
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black or white pepper
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 medium-sized egg
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- Comfee Digital Air fryer toaster
- Mixing Bowl
- Slotted flat spoon
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the egg, flour, baking powder, cornstarch, salt, and pepper. Gradually add water and mix it thoroughly to make a soft batter. Add the chopped okra and mix thoroughly until the juice of the vegetable mixes with the batter. Add the chopped onions and stir for about a minute.
- Preheat the Comfee Digital Air Fryer to 375 degrees for at least 1 to 2 minutes.
- Check if the oil is already hot then carefully drop a spoonful of the okra batter into the hot oil.
- There, you will fry the patties and wait for 2 minutes for the one side to air fry until it becomes golden brown.
- Turn on the other side and wait for 1 and a half minutes to make it equally golden brown with the other side.
- Remove the patty with a slotted spoon and place it on a parchment paper or paper towel.
- You may serve it with the dip of your choices such as ketchup, mustard, or guacamole.