With over 90% less oil, it's no secret that an air fryer is one of the healthiest ways to cook fried chicken. The reason behind this is that air fryers are designed to remove excess fat from the chicken and drip them down onto the tray below the cooking basket. This can also help in cutting down on fat along with the harmful effects of oil deep-frying.
After making these healthy chicken thigh recipes air fryer style, you will be glad to see that it's incredibly easy to clean after use. You can even cook any type of breaded or frozen food and get a crunchy exterior, rather than a soggy mess. So if you're looking for a healthier alternative to the traditional deep-fried chicken, then make sure to give this a try!
How to Cook Chicken Thigh in an Air Fryer
- 12 pcs boneless chicken thighs
- 3 cups of buttermilk
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp paprika
- Olive oil for cooking spray
- Salt and black pepper for taste
- Comfee 5.8 Qt Digital Air Fryer
- 1 shallow dish for the coating mixture
- 1 large mixing bowl for the buttermilk mixture
- To prepare this recipe, start by combining the garlic, salt, pepper, and buttermilk in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the boneless chicken thighs to your marinade and refrigerate for at least one hour. Make sure to coat all parts of the chicken thigh with the buttermilk mixture.
- When the marinade is ready, combine the all-purpose flour, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper in a shallow dish.
- After mixing all the dry ingredients, drizzle 2-3 tablespoons of the buttermilk mixture over the flour and mix well.
- Remove the chicken thighs from the marinade and shake off any excess, then dredge them into the flour mixture.
- Spray the basket of your Comfee 5.8 Qt Digital Air Fryer with olive oil and preheat to 400-degree Fahrenheit.
- Arrange the chicken in a single layer and avoid putting them over one another inside the air fryer basket to allow the air to circulate around them. Be sure to generously spray the chicken with olive oil and air fry for about 18 minutes and flip the chicken at least once.
- When the chicken crust looks deep golden and crisp, remove them from the air fryer and serve immediately with your favorite chicken sides.