There’s no better way to tell a friend or partner “I love you” than to bake them heart-shaped sugar cookies! Whether you decide to keep them plain or frost them with your favorite color of sprinkles, these Valentine’s Day cookies will make your loved one’s holiday extra special.
As it turns out, our Comfee’ family enjoys baking, and we have just the right recipe for the occasion! Review our celebrated Valentine sugar cookie recipe, and our suggested products for the task.
Heart-Shaped Valentine’s Day Sugar Cookie Recipe
Baking frosted sugar cookies doesn’t have to be a complicated task! Before you begin baking, check to make sure you have these simple ingredients. Having them on hand before you get started will set you up for success!
Ingredients List for the Valentine Sugar Cookies
- 1 Cup of Unsalted Butter
- 1 Cup of Sugar
- 1.5 Teaspoons of Vanilla Extract
- 1 Whole Egg
- 2 Teaspoons of Baking Powder
- 3 Cups of All-Purpose Flour
- Royal icing (for decorating)
- Sprinkles of choice
In just 7 easy steps, you can achieve the perfect heart-shaped Valentine’s Day cookies! Simply preheat your oven to 350 degrees and set out all of your ingredients ahead of time to ensure smooth preparation. Are you ready? Let’s begin baking!
Easy Steps to Bake Your Cookies:
- Mix butter and sugar until they become a smooth texture.
- Beat together your egg and vanilla extract.
- Add your butter/sugar mixture and egg/vanilla mixture to your flour and baking powder.
- Spread a thin layer of flour onto your countertop.
- Roll out your cookie dough into a thick layer.
- Use your heart-shaped cookie cutter to cut out your cookies.
- Make for 7-8 minutes, watching to ensure they don’t become too browned.
The Right Kitchen Appliances Matter
Many of us dream about baking the perfect cookies with a pristine balance between soft and crunchy. As it turns out, kitchen appliances matter when it comes to the outcomes of your baked goods. In addition to slow cooking and broiling, Countertop Toaster Ovens can help you bake the perfect sugar cookies. Give a toaster oven a try for your upcoming batch of Valentine’s Day sugar cookies!